Low Carb Breakfast
The Best Low Carb Breakfast with difficulty level Intermediate. I cook Basque Eggs for my breakfast and it fits for all phases. My whole family use this Atkins breakfast diet recipe. Try this Atkins diet free recipe.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Category: For all phases
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium green or red peppers, roasted
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 90 g (3 oz) butter
- 170 g (6 oz) thinly sliced ham
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Sauteé onion 5 minutes, until softened; add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add roasted peppers, tomatoes, and cayenne. Cover and cook 10 minutes, until vegetables are very soft, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer over medium heat until sauce is thick, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Mixture can be made up to 2 days ahead and reheated).
- In large bowl, beat eggs until blended. In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over low heat.
- Add eggs and basil.
- Cook, stirring constantly with rubber spatula, 12 minutes, until soft curds form and eggs are barely set.
- Add pepper mixture and ham; stir just until mixed.
Serving Size: 6
Net Carbs: 6.0 grams
Prep Time: 0:42:00
Has this recipe been tested? Yes
Enjoy your meal!
Add Your Atkins carb diet low recipe
Return from Low Carb Breakfast to Akins Diet Recipe Database
Go to Free Atkins Diet Home Page