Free Atkins Diet Recipes
Free Atkins Diet Recipes with difficulty level Intermediate. I cook Beef
Stroganoff for my low carb dinner and it fits for all phases. This was
one of the first Atkins Induction diet recipes for my diet. Try it.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Category: For all phases
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak or beef tenderloin, cut into 2 x 1 strips
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Spanish onion
- 1 cup small white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef broth (not low sodium) or 3 tablespoons demi-glace mixed with 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to warm setting. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown meat in batches, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a platter and place in oven.
- Melt butter in skillet; add onion and cook 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Add wine; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth and cook 10 minutes, until mushrooms are coated with a thick sauce.
- Stir in sour cream and mustard. Add meat and accumulated juices.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 minutes, until meat is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serving Size: 4
Net Carbs: 3.5 grams
Prep Time: 0:40:00
Has this recipe been tested? Yes
Enjoy your meal!
Add Your Recipe
Return from Free Atkins Diet Recipes to Akins Diet Recipe Database
Go to Free Atkins Diet Home Page