An average overweight person eats, sleeps and drinks weight loss; meaning, he cannot think of anything beyond losing weight. Though he can find innumerable excuses to avoid it, yet cannot find one good reason to follow a proper routine balanced diet.
So, get ready to follow this amazing diet called the Atkins diet and see yourself relishing all the delicious fares in the name of dieting. Atkins diet food list can surely help you through the process, in case you wish to follow Dr. Robert Atkins.
Generally, the Atkins carb diet food list approves the consumption of proteins and fats. In terms of specific foods that are deemed acceptable under the Atkins diet, you are given a variety of choices. In fact, the basic promise of the Atkins diet is that individual participant can eat just about any food you want, so long as it is low in carbohydrates.
All refined carbohydrates like white bread, pasta, white rice, sweets, jams, jellies, potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, etc. should be eliminated from the diet. Proteins in all forms can be included in the diet.
The following are high protein foods that must be included in the Atkins low carb and high protein diets plan:
1. During Induction diet you must not eat any fruit, bread, grains, starchy vegetables or dairy products other than cheese, cream or butter.
2. The words sugarless, sugar free or no sugar added are not sufficient. The label must state the carbohydrate content; that’s what you must go by.
3. Stay away from diet products unless they specifically state „no carbohydrates”. Most such foods are for low fat diets, not low carb diet plans.
4. Many products you do not normally think of as foods, such as chewing gum, breath mints, cough syrups and drops, are filled with sugar or other caloric sweeteners. They must be avoided.
5. Be wary of prepared salads at salad bars or deli counters. For example, Cole slaw or even tuna fish salad may have been prepared with sugar.